Monday, November 19, 2007

GLAAD

Current Issues
http://www.glaad.org/eye/stories.php#ucc_ejector

I think what is so great about our country is being able to have the freedom to believe in what you choose, however in regards to the issue in the above link I believe you must also be kind and respectful of others, even if you don't believe in what they do. I don't believe an individuals sexual preference should have anything to do with being in the army. If someone is willing to put their life on the line and fight for their country they should absolutely NOT be ridiculed, but praised for their heroics.

GLAAD Eye on the Media
http://www.glaad.org/eye/index.php

I think it's a good thing ABC has created this transgender character on Ugly Betty, because I think the more exposure people have to something the more likely they are to accept it. When people aren't exposed to certain things I think they tend to shy away from it, because they aren't educated about the matter, so the more common it is the less foreign it seems and hopefully less people will ridicule. Dirty Sexy Money, a new show on ABC this fall, also has a transgender character. So, I think by having these characters on prime time television shows people will see they're human too and should be treated as so.

No comments: